Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Stackiups "Snow on the Mountain"

I made dinner this week for a 30-ish-sized group of people at my church for a meeting.  I put together a little assembly line of quite strange items (per the recipe) that for some reason when all thrown together, taste quite good!  I got the idea from my mom and sister.  Ideally, you can do this with your small group and have each person bring one item.  However, for the purpose of this dinner, I didn't do that.  The fun part of Stackiups was making the little note cards in front of each topping instructing how much they should take of each item. :)  

      

1: Rice – heaps   
2: Chicken – glob (I did one mixture with mushrooms and one without) 
3: Chow mein noodles – pile 
4: Onion (I did green onions) – as you dare 
5: Celery – a little bit 
6: Crushed pineapple – large glob 
7: Chopped tomato – little
8: Cooked peas -- morsel
9: Cooked carrots -- a drop
10: Green peppers -- a pinch 
11: Cheddar cheese – a sprinkle
12: Slivered almonds -- a smidgen 
13: Coconut – cover all over



Chicken Mixture

2 c. cooked chicken (1-3 lb)
2/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 cup light cream (half/half)
4 cups chicken broth


Melt butter; sauté mushrooms.  Gradually add seasonings and flour.  Add cream and chicken broth.  Don’t allow to boil.  Add chicken.


I also had sourdough bread to go along with the meal and whoopie pies for dessert.  I'll definitely do stackiups again sometime!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment